Rub help needed: Mild & Wild

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sgtsparty

Original poster
May 20, 2013
Ferndale, MI
Hey all,

First non-roll call posting here and hoping for some community help. I'm still a smoking newb and trying out the side fire box on my new smoker for the first time this weekend. Here in lies the problem: My fiancee is allergic to capsicum (the chemical in chilies that makes them hot) so I'm looking for a rub recipe that is still awesome but doesn't contain any red pepper. She can tolerate chili power, and small amounts of paprika but no cayenne or anything else.

That said, I'm a hot head and love me some spicy food so I'd also appreciate any tried and true kicked up rubs that people have. I'm hoping to do two pork butts this weekend and test drive a few rubs. Thanks in advance.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky