rrwilkes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rrwilkes

Original poster
May 4, 2014
MYRTLE BEACH SC
My wife and I opened a deer processing plant last year in Myrtle Beach SC. Trying to learn the how to's about a ton of areas in the smoking arena. Main issue right now is a DIY Smoke house built on a concrete slab(no other options). Want to use gas heat source with convection. I have to do large volumes and want to use roll in sheet pan racks. I am also a culinary graduate and a certified executive chef.I also own a high end fresh fish processing and wholesale distribution company catering to local area restaurants. i would like to use polyurethane filled walkin cooler panels(they handle high temps(500 degrees not a problem) unlike polystyrene panels that melt at around 180 degrees).Really need advice on heating and air circulation. Will be doing jerky and smoked sausages in same unit. i have enjoyed and appreciate all the info I have come across on this forum. This is my first time participating in a forum.

Welcome to the forum, That's a big smoker, way out of my expertise, Look at some commercial type smokers like the ones they push racks of sausage into and get some ideas from there, Bu sur and post some pictures when you do get it up and running, I'm sure everyone hese would be interested. Good Luck

Gary S

THANKS GARY,I,VE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH SEVERAL DEER PROCESSORS FROM UP NORTH THAT HAVE BUILT THEIR OWN. DOING A LOT OF RESEARCH NOW. THE ONE I NEED ISN'T REALLY THAT BIG. PROBABLY 6'X6'X7'. TO MAKE ANY MONEY STARTING OUT IN THIS BUSINESS YOU HAVE TO GO TO A LOT OF AUCTIONS AND BUILD A LOT OF THINGS YOURSELF(THATS KINDA THE FUN PART ANYWAY).

Sounds like a plan, keep us posted

Gary S

Hey

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky