Rookie from Lancaster Pa.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rubzerk

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Lancaster, Pa.
just checking in to intro my self.

my wife just got me a Masterbuilt electric smoker as a "that has to be something he could use" gift.

spent last year with a Cheap round charcoal smoker from homedepot. not bad but took too much babysitting the temp so i hope this one is easier.

i have the freezer stocked with ribs, chicken & a turkey 
thumb1.gif

tomorrow im gonna try and smoke 15 boneless pork chops. any tips to follow ?

Welcome to the SMF Family Neighbor!...You have time to Brine those Pork Chops. Try 1/2C Salt, 1/2C Brown Sugar and 1/4C Rub you plan to use in a Gallon of Water. Soak the Chops overnight in the refrigerator. Tomorrow morning dry them off Rub them real good and back into the refer until 2- 3 hours before you wish to eat. Heat the Smoker to 225*F then smoke the chops in a single layer until the Internal Temp reaches 140*F. Take them out and let them rest 15-20 minutes while you finish the rest of the sides and serve with some BBQ Sauce...JJ

BTW Where you at in Lancaster? I use to live in Columbia and was the Chef/ Kitchen Manager for both Lyndon Diners on Manheim Pike back in the 90's...JJ

welcome1.gif
 to SMF . You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. Check out  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info, and may help ya out. Smoking  5-Day e-Course  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky