Roll Call New to Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brycraft

Original poster
Mar 27, 2014
Hi my name is Bill and I am live in Bolingbrook Il. Its about 30 miles West, South West of Chicago.

Sorry already posted a review on my bacon before I realized there was a roll call forum...

I have a Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker with a AMNPS mail box set up as the vessel for my pellet tray and I love the results.

I am new to electric smokers and have had a Weber Charcoal one in the past that finally wore out.

I don't miss the charcoal and wood chips, fun but tiring to use on a regular basis.

Some people believe electric smokers are just an oven that can smoke. Probably right but results so far have been more then acceptable.. My family would probably not notice the difference between this and a world class smoker...lol

I lived in Georgia where I was a aircraft mechanic for Delta, thats where I fell in love with real BBQ and the winters for the most part... You can get great BBQ there like hot dogs in Chicago... I prefer the bbq...

I have only had my electric smoker for a week but have smoked pork shoulder, ribs, bacon, cheese and a bacon wrapped cheese filled meatloaf...

My neighbor has come over because he smells the awesome smell from the smoker..

What I like about the AMNPS mail box set up is that I can load up the smoker with cheese and smoke without

fearing I will melt the cheese or have to load up the water pan with ice and place ice packs in the smoker that I seen 

some people doing, not sure why. As a matter of fact, I put string cheese in the mail box just standing up laying against the sides while I smoked bacon. cheese never melted and came out great.

Personally I love mixing up my own rub, trying and adjusting other recipes.

I would like to try my hand at home made BBQ sauce next, any ideas or thoughts would be welcome.

I prefer more a sweet sauce like KC Masterpiece over a vinegar based sauce..

I do wish my smoker was larger now that I seen the results, that will be a future purchase and will look here for advise.

I couldn't pass up the deal I got from Meijers.. It was on sale from $279 for $201, then they had a 30% off and another 15% off that price... $132 out the door with tax... That was something I could not pass up.. 

So here I am, love reading others comments, reviews, recipes.

I always gain more knowledge by seeking others with more then I.. People always ask me how do I know this or that, I say I read and learn. I don't invent the info, just retain it and pass it on.

Look forward to making some friends and gaining knowledge..

Thanks Bill

Hey Bill

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

Good evening Bill and welcome, looking forward to future post and pictures

Gary S

Just joined my name is Sean bought a masterbuilt pro dual fuel smoker I live in Calgary alberta I have never smoked anything or ever used one plan on trying pork belly and ribs this weekend now does weather affect smoking like it will be 6 degrees Celsius outside Saturday is this too cold?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky