Roast Beef Help Needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
I am looking to do my first roast beef this weekend for slicing. Not much better in the world than a nice roast beef sammich, crisp lettuce, mild cheddar cheese, fresh mater slices, and horseradish on it. Sorry, started daydreaming about the roast beef again.
biggrin.gif

I need some help with how to prep the meat. Anyone got a good rub or marinade for roast beef? Or should I just toss it on the smoker naked?

I just use salt, pepper, and garlic powder on mine I like it simple on roast beef

I'm with jerry on this one Salt and Pepper and a maybe alittle Garlic then a simple Kiss. Then it's in the smoker for the time of it's life. You will really love the goodness of the beef.

I love these things. I'm with you guys on the seasoning. I do rub mine down with EVO and then salt, CBP, onion powder and some garlic powder. I think next one I'm going to cut some slits in it and put a couple little cloves of garlic down in it. The last one I did I pulled at 138 and it tasted a bit undercooked so I threw it on the grill and seared it. Turned out really tastee.

I agree on the salt pepper and sometimes garlic. I also like to use a top round, for some reason they taste better to me then anything else.

I ended up using sea salt, cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and a little cayenne. It just came out of the drum and is resting. It smells incredible. I just hate having to wait til tomorrow to slice it up.
icon_sad.gif

Pics to come...

Some pics.

DSC_0001.JPG

Partially rubbed.

DSC_0013.JPG

And off the smoker.

DSC_0018.JPG

I just put it in the fridge and will attempt to slice it tomorrow.

Well it's tomorrow, where's the Q-view of the sliced beef?
J/K. looks great so far.

And I thought I was impatient Dan.
biggrin.gif

Roast beast! I am going to get a slicer before I do this again. This was a lot to cut up by hand and the slices are far from even but I tried my best. The taste, texture, flavor and moisture are incredible. I may try and inject the next one. Not sure with what yet, but an italian roast beef sounds good to me.

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky