Road Rash Ribeyes and stuffed Pasilla Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Okay here we go! Road Rash Ribeyes, yep that right using the Roadside chicken marinade on two nice Ribeyes. For a side dish it's Stuffed Pasilla peppers.

0b8d77036c0dd77e28b2b38495e87a37.jpg

Don't tell my wife the price she'll kill me! Always best to get rid of the price tag immediately!

6c3a7cd0c57105434e871325e4933e1d.jpg

Put them in the vacuum tumbler with the roadside marinade. Tumbled for 20 minutes. They'll sit in the tumbler until cook time I'll rotate it every 15-20.

0d359373f7be21c1a18683a9c076d89a.jpg

415ebbbcb326da61862fc9613ead4a56.jpg

Dinners not for a couple more hours so on to the stuffing for the Pasilla peppers.

Smoke away!!!

Reactions: smokin218r
Here's the recipe for the roadside marinade.

1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup veg oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 TBS Sea or Kosher salt
1 TBS white sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt

Smoke away!!!

Pasilla peppers. Not hot tasty especially when stuffed. So for the stuffing here is what we have tonight.

d426035e0574648b97e2568b9e966edc.jpg

e5b02da7679d79b31fb8c5e836c4fcfc.jpg

cfc085f167b9b7c858fd330a6c91d0a0.jpg

201ac85146994416ea2b4eac35c2edd1.jpg

Grilled onion, zucchini, jalapeño, cooked quinoa, queso fresco and Mexican cheese blend. In the two largest peppers which will be tomorrow's dinner I am also going to add left over ground turkey taco meat that we had a few days ago.

Smoke away!!!

Last edited:
Those look great , Case. I'll say Nada , to Your Missus . Just wish I could save $ enough for some of those . . . I'd have to crawl on my broke-up knees to beg for some of those and I don't see that coming anytime soon .

I,m lucky to have  Peanut Butter and Bread. I'm starting to FEEL like a Nut...
ROTF.gif

Thanks for the look ,Case .

Stan

Looks good! And I pointed out the quinoa stuffed peppers to my wife nice idea!:points:

Another great cook by Case.

Great job

Last edited:
Awesome meal Case, way to Q it up ! [emoji]127867[/emoji] That looks tasty man.... I like my tumbler so far !

Looks great Case, I just can't wrap my mouth around that quinoa. But I bet rice would be just as good!

I love Poblanos. Have you ever tried any prickly pear leaves?

Glad you didn't post any finished steak pictures, I couldn't have stood it. It looks awfully good.

Those look great , Case. I'll say Nada , to Your Missus . Just wish I could save $ enough for some of those . . . I'd have to crawl on my broke-up knees to beg for some of those and I don't see that coming anytime soon .

I,m lucky to have  Peanut Butter and Bread. I'm starting to FEEL like a Nut...:ROTF

Thanks for the look ,Case .

Stan

Thank Stan! Just so us know those big ass peppers and all the stuffins cost les than $20. The steak was great but the stuft peppers were the Bomb!

Looks great Case, I just can't wrap my mouth around that quinoa. But I bet rice would be just as good!

I love Poblanos. Have you ever tried any prickly pear leaves?

Glad you didn't post any finished steak pictures, I couldn't have stood it. It looks awfully good.

I come on Kevin, if you like rice, you can do the quinoa!

Prickly pear, scrapped seasoned (SPOG+Chipotle) grilled or dredged and fried, yeah damn good stuff!

Looks good! And I pointed out the quinoa stuffed peppers to my wife nice idea!:points:

Thank you!

Quinoa is a great filler in anything that needs a filler. Or any stuffing you want to do that uses bread or any other starch.

We put in meatloaf, stuffed peppers, cabbage rolls. casseroles, etc.

Awesome meal Case, way to Q it up ! [emoji]127867[/emoji] That looks tasty man.... I like my tumbler so far !

Thanks Justin! The the tumbler makes marinating in a short time nice. These steaks though we're thin cut and they got tangled up! Not the tumblers fault... I had to untangle the steaks. The flap of meat that extends from the eye all got wrapped around the bone on each steak! The hazards of smoking meat!

Case I would be beheaded if I brought home a steak with that price tag.The meal looks great Thanks for sharing

Richie

points.gif

Ribsteak is by far my favorite Beef. I like the sound of your marinade. The Peppers look amazing, Love me some Quinoa. Try subbing the Zucchini with grilled Butternut Squash. Add some cut Grilled Corn and Black Beans and you have a meal with " The Three Sisters ". You can skip the meat as the combo is a complete protein...JJ

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky