Road Rash Ribeyes and stuffed Pasilla Peppers

Discussion in 'Beef' started by dirtsailor2003, Jul 28, 2015.

1. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Okay here we go! Road Rash Ribeyes, yep that right using the Roadside chicken marinade on two nice Ribeyes. For a side dish it's Stuffed Pasilla peppers.

[​IMG]

Don't tell my wife the price she'll kill me! Always best to get rid of the price tag immediately!

[​IMG]

Put them in the vacuum tumbler with the roadside marinade. Tumbled for 20 minutes. They'll sit in the tumbler until cook time I'll rotate it every 15-20.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dinners not for a couple more hours so on to the stuffing for the Pasilla peppers.

Smoke away!!!

smokin218r likes this.
  2. dirtsailor2003

Here's the recipe for the roadside marinade.

1 cup white vinegar
    1/2 cup veg oil
    1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
    1 TBS Sea or Kosher salt
    1 TBS white sugar
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp white pepper
    1/2 tsp celery salt

Smoke away!!!

3. dirtsailor2003

Pasilla peppers. Not hot tasty especially when stuffed. So for the stuffing here is what we have tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grilled onion, zucchini, jalapeño, cooked quinoa, queso fresco and Mexican cheese blend. In the two largest peppers which will be tomorrow's dinner I am also going to add left over ground turkey taco meat that we had a few days ago.

Smoke away!!!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  4. dirtsailor2003

Into the fire we go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Smoke away!!!

scooter-man likes this.
  5. dirtsailor2003

Done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See that pool of juice!

[​IMG]

Smoke away!!!

6. scooter-man

scooter-man Smoke Blower

Those are some nice looking pics. Thanks for sharing.

7. dirtsailor2003

Thank you Scoot! Everything was tasty! So good I forgot to take pics of the steak!

8. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Those look great , Case. I'll say Nada , to Your Missus . Just wish I could save $ enough for some of those . . . I'd have to crawl on my broke-up knees to beg for some of those and I don't see that coming anytime soon .

I,m lucky to have  Peanut Butter and Bread. I'm starting to FEEL like a Nut...[​IMG]

Thanks for the look ,Case .

Stan

9. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks good! And I pointed out the quinoa stuffed peppers to my wife nice idea!:points:

10. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Another great cook by Case.

Great job

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  11. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Awesome meal Case, way to Q it up ! 🍻 That looks tasty man.... I like my tumbler so far !

12. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great Case, I just can't wrap my mouth around that quinoa. But I bet rice would be just as good!

I love Poblanos. Have you ever tried any prickly pear leaves?

Glad you didn't post any finished steak pictures, I couldn't have stood it. It looks awfully good.

13. dirtsailor2003

Thank Stan! Just so us know those big ass peppers and all the stuffins cost les than $20. The steak was great but the stuft peppers were the Bomb!

14. dirtsailor2003

I come on Kevin, if you like rice, you can do the quinoa!

Prickly pear, scrapped seasoned (SPOG+Chipotle) grilled or dredged and fried, yeah damn good stuff!

15. dirtsailor2003

Thank you!

Quinoa is a great filler in anything that needs a filler. Or any stuffing you want to do that uses bread or any other starch.

We put in meatloaf, stuffed peppers, cabbage rolls. casseroles, etc.

16. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Adam! I may have to start ordering my steaks from you, the butchers here have switched back to the thinner cut, less than an inch, why????

17. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Justin! The the tumbler makes marinating in a short time nice. These steaks though we're thin cut and they got tangled up! Not the tumblers fault... I had to untangle the steaks. The flap of meat that extends from the eye all got wrapped around the bone on each steak! The hazards of smoking meat!

18. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

DS2003, Awesome looking meal !

19. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Case I would be beheaded if I brought home a steak with that price tag.The meal looks great Thanks for sharing

Richie

[​IMG]

20. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Ribsteak is by far my favorite Beef. I like the sound of your marinade. The Peppers look amazing, Love me some Quinoa. Try subbing the Zucchini with grilled Butternut Squash. Add some cut Grilled Corn and Black Beans and you have a meal with " The Three Sisters ". You can skip the meat as the combo is a complete protein...JJ

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015