Ring bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chewmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 28, 2013
Eastern PA
Decided to make some ring bologna to try and duplicate the flavor of the Midwest style I grew up with as I don't care for the PA style. Made a 5# test batch with half pork and half beef using the Marianski recipe plus a few additions. After mixing, gave the food processor a workout to emulsify the mix. Stuffed into 52mm fibrous bologna casings and hung for an hour to dry. Smoked for 4 hours with a mix of hickory, cherry, and maple. Finished in the smoker to an IT of 158 then an icewater bath to cool. The taste was on point. Pleased with the results.

After 7 hours total time in the smoker.

What they look like inside.

Vac packed ready for the freezer.

Tried a couple slices fried up with some Dijon mustard. Delish.

Thanks for looking.

Nice..............

points.gif

All thou I love the pa bologna, I gave you points cause it looks AWESOME.

Nice job.

Dang it Chew that looks great Nice job - just sorry I was late to this party LOL 

A full smoker is a happy smoker. 

DS 

Dang it Chew that looks great Nice job - just sorry I was late to this party LOL 

A full smoker is a happy smoker. 

DS 
Thanks, DS. I'm real happy how it turned out. Now that I like the recipe, I'll have to make some more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky