Ribs. Lots and lots of ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

murrgh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
MS/AL/VA
Well not really. 4 racks, too long to fit in my MES 30in, so I cut them in half. 8 half racks.

Prep:

Took off the membrane
Mustard
Jeff's Book BBQ Rub recipe
Rest for 30mins

11e3d335c35f0f83a0c42ea9ac35f78d.jpg

Smoking:

Smoked using the 3-2-1 method, soaked in Apple Juice during the foil phase

459c7eed3d27601436e90f6d63d7163d.jpg

daec207ffb6d3873a4f51f4d9095d884.jpg

And somehow I forgot to take a picture of the final. But here's my verdict:

Too much smoke. Should've smoked only 1/2 as long as I did. If I recall, I did smoke almost the entire time.

The membrane: Not sure if I didn't get it all off or what. They were a bit tough and hard to get off the bone. I probably should have smoked them longer but I had company over. Overall they were good but not as good as I wanted.

any suggestions? (Other than remembering to take pictures?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry, I need to update my original post. I actually did the 3-2-1 method. I bet if I had left them in there for another hour they would've been better.

When u wrapped did u add a juice or fluid I personal add apple juice n brown sugar that way they kinda braised during that 2hr phase n for the last hr I glaze every 20 mins or so.

Yeah, when I wrapped it I used apple juice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky