Ribs from last weekend.

Discussion in 'Pork' started by flattop, Oct 8, 2007.

1. flattop

flattop Smoke Blower

I was jonesing big time for some ribs last weekend. I had one rack of babybacks in the freezer but that wasn't enough.

I kept reading on here about spareribs and hadn't used them for a long time. 2 racks of those from one store and at another store 2 racks of Danish rins (hadn't tried them before but they were on sale)

One rack of spare ribs soaked in apple juice
    One rack of spare ribs soaked in vinager, white wine and basalmic vinager
    Baby backs in a rub
    2 danish rib racks in a Mojo marinade.

Smoked them all using mainly apple wood for smoke and a little cherry wood. They all turned out pretty tasty. The danish ribs have a different flavor. Not bad by any means but the 1st taste doesn't taste like a rib that I'm used to. They are also a much lighter color then the other ribs.

To say the least we, my wife and I, have plenty of left over ribs in the freezer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

blurry........beer [​IMG]

2. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Congrats on a good smoke! Those ribs look mighty tasty.

3. ba_loko

ba_loko Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks like a beautiful job. Better than those seen in most restaurants! Thanks for sharing.

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

They look great Flatop congrats! [​IMG]

5. redbrinkman1955

redbrinkman1955 Smoking Fanatic

Man those looked real tasty Good Job
    keep posting those good Q's
    Good luck and Good Smoking
    Redbrinkman1955[​IMG]

6. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Very very nice. great color and pull back/ I've been wanting ribs badly, i think I need to get a couple racks for the weekend now. I've always thought about marinating the ribs like you did. Do you think marinating added some moisture to the meat?