Rib Smoke with Pitmaster's Choice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
My family had been complaining that my food was too smokey and did not want anything smoked until further notice. Most of the time I used Hickory Pellets because I like the flavor. In anticipation of a summer without BBQ I had recently contacted Todd for suggestions as to a direction to take. One week later I had the honor of explaining to my wife and children that I was commissioned to review a new wood blend and needed to smoke something as soon as possible and give my opinion. I told them that it is silly to just go through the trouble of smoking a single piece of meat just for me so, reluctantly, my oldest requested Ribs. With great anticipation I loaded my new AMNPS with Todd's Pitmaster's Choice Pellets and proceeded to smoke up 4 racks of Spare Ribs today. I used a 4-2-.75 procedure and right up front, they all commented on the Sweet smell of the smoke. For the first time I was allowed to leave the door leading to the area where the smoker is, open. After 7 hours of smoke wafting through the house and neighborhood the Ribs were ready. With nervous anticipation I watched as 5 girls took their first few bites of the perfectly tender meat. After a few minutes the first bones hit the plate, all members of my picky family were unanimous in proclaiming the Ribs smoked with the Pitmaster's Choice...The best ribs ever!... Even with the 4 hour application of smoke up front, the ribs were mildly smokey with a gentle fruity sweet finish, no bitterness at all. A visiting friend and Rib fanatic enjoyed the flavor of the smoke so much that all she added was a light brushing of my Foiling Juice instead of the usual bath of sweet KC style sauce that she typically applies. This wonderful combination of Hickory, Cherry and Maple is truly a winner and will very likely be the only flavor Pellets I will ever buy again. Thank You so much Todd and Kudos for another job well done!...JJ

Now for some Qview...

The New AMNPS.

43fc544f_DSCN0066.jpg

Two rows of Pitmaster's Choice should get the job done...

0e217f98_DSCN0067.jpg

Light it up and let it burn at least 5 minutes to get that TBS flowing...

e87877f5_DSCN0068.jpg

883c59f2_DSCN0069.jpg

Ribs are looking Good!...

e7c085db_DSCN0072.jpg

They are done!...Lacquered up with the reduced Foiling Juice...

ac23d968_DSCN0080.jpg

Seriously Tender and Juicy...

922859c4_DSCN0084.jpg

Served up with Salt Potatoes (thanks Pops), Corn and Coleslaw...

0e7cba1f_DSCN0096.jpg

We all enjoyed these Ribs. Here are the recipes...Thanks for checking them out...JJ

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/107071/salt-potatoes

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110881/foiling-juice-chef-jimmyj

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky