Restocking Cheese Smokeathon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oregon smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Well we finally got a day cool enough to start getting some cheese done. here are some pictures of the first third. this batch is Sharp Cheddar, Gouda and some Pepper Jack. all we need is another good day or so to finish it all.

Cut to size and ready for the smoker

Now in the smoker

fresh out of the smoker now let it rest and dry

after drying and now ready to wrap for resting time...

Happy Smoking !!

Tom

I missed our cool day to restock, and I desperately need to.  Guess I'll just have to do an overnight on the cheese.  The nights should be cool enough now.

Nice stockpile! How long will it last you?
by the time it is all done I will get some distance with it. cheddar and Swiss seems to go first.....friends and family seem to be able to sniff out the cheese, then my two boys come by and think with all the cheese, sausage etc it is their private store LOL and then my wife encourages it
biggrin.gif
 but it is all good. I try to always have some on hand and different variety's. my oldest is about six years. if you keep the rotation going you end up with quite the pile aging. we just have been flat out of cheddar for a while and that is not a good thing.

Keep Smokin,

Tom

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky