Replacement thermometers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smokeymose, May 26, 2016.

1. smokeymose

smokeymose Master of the Pit

Is there a good aftermarket replacement for the junk door thermometers that seem to come with new smokers (at least the MB and CharGriller ones)?
    I've been using Maverick probes alright, but it would be nice to have something in the doors for more than decoration...

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Tel Tru is the best. But they are a little pricey too. The top one is a Tel Tru.

Al

3. smokeymose

Thanks, Al.

What I'm seeing on-line aren't too out of line. I'll see what my "Amazon Queen" can come up with ;-)

Dan

4. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Dan I picked up a gauge for my mini and used it in my WSM 18.5. Before installing I did the boil test,it was on the money.Hope you can read the name mine was from Lowes or HD

Richie

5. And here I thought there was an unspoken agreement to "no tests on Fridays"... [​IMG]

I zoomed into the image, put my 500x power readers on... [​IMG]

Only able to read "smoking, bbq-roasting"... [​IMG]  

...and something unreadable in the little red wedge... [​IMG]  

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  6. smokeymose

Looks like a tachometer that redlines @ around 280...
    I'm picking up some RO and some Hickory sticks at HD in the morning on the way to Costco for a brisket ☺
    I'll check it out.
    Thanks!
    Dan

7. SmokeyMose i would go to the tru-tell thermometers web site and look at these, it is all i use. very inexpensive but very accurate.

dannylang

8. smokeymose

Already checked it out and like what I see, Danny. That's probably the way I'll be going.

9. i think you made a wise choice there, SmokeyMose

dannylang