Reheating Turkey question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mnola917

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Long Island
Smoked my first turkey last night. Took about 8 hours at 235*. Anyways, I let it rest for an hour covered with aluminum foil, then put it in the refrigerator overnight. What is the best way to reheat it?

If I had a pan with a rack in it I would add some liquid to the bottom and place the turkey on the rack cover it and put it in the oven. If no pan with rack then I would just put it in a roasting pan and cover it and heat it slowly in the oven

like piney said, moisture and low temps are the keys. i would break the bird down to let heat penetrate better and i would carve and heat only what you are going to be eating if possible. a cookie sheet pan with a little stock in the oven works well then hit the broiler to crisp up the skin 1/2 way through.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky