Recommended Barbecue Tool Kit? (possibly apron?)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I agree with all above and would add

Spritz bottles for apple juice/bourbon/etc spritzes.
Squirt bottles for homemade sauces.
A good cutting board to cut ribs on, pull pork on, slice brisket on, etc.
A long slicing knife for brisket is helpful as well.
A charcoal chimeny if you have a charcoal smoker.

And most importantly... A cooler and ice packs to send me samples
biggrin.gif

Anyone who is looking for a small pocket type thermometer ,And like me, Just doesn't want to drop the cash for a thermo pen needs to check out this product.

Google , comark PDT300 . water proof /-58 to 300 deg F +/- 2 degrees.

I believe it sells for $19.95.

I use mine alot.

Funny Marc should mention the Tshirts - I have "converted several shirts into SMOKING SHIRTS"   and I should be fair that not all the stains are from the smoker cause I do have 1.3 acres and while things are smokin I may end up doin yard work or changing out a garage door opener ( 2 weeks ago) --

I also have several pairs of tongs in various sizes and some hitemp gloves. I also have an instant read ( not a thermapen but it was a gift) thermo 

One item everyone failed to mention - if you are smoking on the patio - put something down in front of the smoker so you don't have to power wash your patio like someone I know
icon_redface.gif

long heavy tongs.........and as i found out this weekend, where shoes or sandals. thoes lil' hot buggers (coals) hurt like hell!!!!
Did ya learn yerself some new dance moves?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky