Re- Heat Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

white cloud

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 27, 2007
Riley Center MI
Hi All,
I decided to smoke my easter turkey on sat. because it was kinda cold out. It weighed 12.5 lbs. and my new smoke hollow electric worked great, I was allittle leary about taking it out after 5 hours but two thermometers told me to. I held the temp consistently at 225-230 it was also injected with butter, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. And now that I got the skinny on a fatty (which is great) I used it as a basting tool over the top of the bird. I let it cool and wraped in foil and stuck in the fridge now I want to re-heat but not dry it out it looks great what temp and time do you all recommend?. Now all I have to do is figure out what the heck pig candy is.
Thanks and Happy Easter. Lee

Made some yesterday ,OOOOHH MY!!!! Take thick sliced bacon, rub with brown sugar,place on old cookie sheet or throw away alum. pan. Smoke for 30-45 min. watch you don't burn the sugar or until you can tell bacon is done. Mrs. wanted to do a second batch yesterday, but told her she would have to wait til next smoke. Could have eaten more also, but didn't think Dr. would approve.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky