Rack of pork vs Crown roast of pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kimken65

Original poster
Nov 24, 2015
I am hosting Christmas dinner this year. I bought two 8 rib racks of pork (7 lbs each) and I was a thinking about smoking them. I was also thinking about tying them together and making a large crown roast. I watched a few videos on how to form the crown and since each chop was to be sliced in order to form the crown, do you think that would cause the meat to dry out in the smoker? I am sure it would be juicier if I just smoked the racks separately leaving them as is but I thought the presentation would be nice for Christmas. I would be brining the pork and smoking them at 250. Also would the cooking time for a crown roast be different than the rack if left as is? 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky