Question: My Smoker went out over night. Am I dealing with a "Danger Zone" situation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerooke

Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
I'm smoking an 11lbs bottom roast and two 5lbs pork shoulders.

I started at midnight, got the smoker temp up to 250, stayed stable until I went to bed at 200am. Got up at 730am and the smoker was down to 100! Temperature of the meat this morning was around 120. I do not suspect any of the meat got up to 140 at any point.

I've done a five hour stretch before but I guess with the colded weather last night...Anyway, is this a danger zone concern?

Of course it got up to 140. Probably around 300am-ish. Cooked for another two hours at that temp maybe and started going out around 500am? That would be just outside the danger zone, right?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky