Question for all you smart phone users. . .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
How many of you smart phone users visit and make posts to SMF and do you use tapatalk to do so?

The reason I ask is that I just got the Samsung Stratosphire smart phone, while I have and can visit SMF and post comments straight from the phone, will/does tapatalk make it easier (read worth the couple of bucks for the app)?

Thanks

I was skeptical for quite a while. I didn't think it would work much better than using a browser but wow, I love Tapatalk!

Occasionally I'll get an error when trying to post but other than that it has been great. Well worth the $1.99 or whatever it is.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll be looking into it.

I use Tapatalk frequently on my iphone. It allows me to keep up on the forum. There are a bunch of posts related to Tapatalk and it crashing, especially with SMF. I have found htat Tapatalk's cache can quickly filll, perhaps given the amount of traffic in the forum (?). The quick remedy is to open the app's settings and scroll down to reset, then clear cache. Everything should work fine from there. There are features to Tapatlk that may not work well with some forums. I am to presume that is due to the realtionship between Tapatalk and the forums owners. It is my understanding that each forum owner must give certain permissions for the app to access their data property.

But then, what do I know. I would rather sit in front of a campfire and burn sticks...

Since I use my iPhone for most of my pics I take I found that with tapatalk it was my easiest way to upload photos. Im on here through tapatalk most of the time.

David

I use Tapatalk frequently on my iphone. It allows me to keep up on the forum. There are a bunch of posts related to Tapatalk and it crashing, especially with SMF. I have found htat Tapatalk's cache can quickly filll, perhaps given the amount of traffic in the forum (?). The quick remedy is to open the app's settings and scroll down to reset, then clear cache. Everything should work fine from there. There are features to Tapatlk that may not work well with some forums. I am to presume that is due to the realtionship between Tapatalk and the forums owners. It is my understanding that each forum owner must give certain permissions for the app to access their data property.

But then, what do I know. I would rather sit in front of a campfire and burn sticks...
Thanks jwbtulsa! I've had a lot of trouble trying to use Tapatalk with SMF. Hopefully this will remedy my issues.

I'm alway TapaYakin' on this forum as well as our Mustang forum.   Could not live without it.

My problemis different,  i read about the tap talk here and installed it. in my spare time i have tried to look up SMG with no luck. is the sugestion to keep looking or does someone have a trick or quick link to this forum?

thanks for any help you may have,

Tom

typo error....i try to keep it to a minimum
beercheer.gif

Tom

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky