Question about cutting/trimming ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoknpi

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 3, 2015
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
I was wondering what is the best way to cut the ribs down before smoking them. When cutting them across the bone what would you use? Do you even have to cut them across the bone? I believe its St. Louis style that they are cut and trimmed up. Thanks for some insight. I'm planning on smoking some ribs this weekend and want to get everything lined out! Thanks again!

Thanks dirtsailer. Yeah I will probably just put them on as is. I was just wondering if there is something I need to be on the look for like a special knife/saw or whatever is used for this. I look forward to smoking these ribs!

If you're cutting spares to make St Louis ribs you're mainly trimming meat. So no special tools needed. There are some good YouTube videos out there on trimming.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky