question about buying my first smoker

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by abraxasil, Nov 21, 2006.

1. I'm getting ready to get my first smoker - a Great Outdoors Grill Co. 34" Smoky Mountain Gas Smoker. Is this the Big Block you folks are talking about? If it isn't, does anybody know anything about this unit? I sure don't want to get burnt buying my first one to learn on. Many Thanks. :?:

2. oillogger

oillogger Meat Mopper OTBS Member

3. I got itt - same company but different size. Many thanks for the info. I plan on getting one maybe before Christmas - sure would like to try out smoking a ham for the holiday.

4. Correct me if I’m wrong, But I have heard that Walmart carries an el cheapo version. What about it guys/gals, is that true? :?

5. oillogger

I have heard that Wal-Mart carries the cheaper models. All I have been able to determine is that they carry the 16" and the 20" (Wide Body) wide models.

6. oillogger

Here is the regular 16" regular one and the 20" Wide Body models at Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart

7. Thanks for all the input - got me the regular size one from Walmart and just put it together. Looks great. Gotta get me digital thermometer and some meat and get busy learnin it - I want to smoke a ham for Christmas.