Qing for sons birthday

Discussion in 'Pork' started by markeli, Feb 18, 2006.

1. markeli

markeli Smoke Blower OTBS Member

I am just going out to fire up the smoker and start cooking for my sons birthday Q. Seven racks of ribs, two fatties, a dozen bratts and a bunch of non atomic ABT's (anaheim's and yellow's) my kids are whimps. Also six stuffed bell peppers. This is my first smoke of this size, I hope I have not forgot something important. Wish me luck

Markeli

sorry no pics I dropped my camera on my last all nighter and have not got it fixed yet. I will see if I can get my son to bring his over.

2. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Markeli,
    Sounds like a great menu. I'm already envying you but I think I'm glad you dropped your camera. Otherwise, I'd probably be drooling all over my monitor. Please be sure to let us know how everything turns out.

3. markeli

thanks, I am to full to type there is nothing left I have never seen these folks eat so much so fast the meat on the ribs was so tender it fell off the bones the fatties disapeared so fast I didn't get any should have made more. I think I cooked the peppers where a little over done but they still got eaten. all in all I think this was a success. I think I will have to do this again.

Mark.

4. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Markeli,
    Sounds like a good time was had by all. Isn't this a wonderful hobby? What else could provide so much comfort to so many? ......... Especially when combined with the guest's favorite beverage. Life is good!

5. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Mark-Glad the b-day dinner was a hit. Did you make the Mahogany sauce for the ribs? Did ribs meownself-but didn't make the Mahogany sauce-seems that the grape jelly got left off of the grocery list. . . :roll: so we went with the bottled stuff (shudder) So I ate mine without sauce. In my book, they were just fine with tulsajeff's Naked Rib Rub!

6. markeli

no mahogany sauce we didn't need any sauce I decided not to try any thing new on this size of a group. Maybe next time