Q View from the Lang

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ga.roadhog, Sep 6, 2007.

1. ga.roadhog

ga.roadhog Fire Starter

These are a little late, but lost the cord to load the pics from the camera. Anyway here are some pics from labor day. Just enough for the family. Using the Lang was a little overkill, but had to do it. Enjoy, we did [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ga.roadhog

ga.roadhog Fire Starter

Here are a few of the finished product. The ribs I did with different rubs. Some had a yellow mustard base and the dark one I used applebutter with a sweeter and hotter rub.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. coleysmokinbbq

coleysmokinbbq Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That's lookin' Mighty Fine!!...[​IMG]...Great job there!...

Curious about what you and the family thought of the apple butter ribs?!?...Haven't tried that yet here...

Wonderful...It's 4:00 in the morning and now I got a craving for Q!...[​IMG]...

Until later...

4. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice ribs, well done on presentation as well!

5. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

6. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

One problem with your feast... you forgot to invite me! Everything looks great, nice job!! [​IMG]

7. ga.roadhog

ga.roadhog Fire Starter

Coley the applebutter is a different texture. It didn't glaze or allow a bark really. All loved the flavor but not all were happy with the texture. It pretty much stayed as soft as it was when I first put it on. I couldn't get apple wood this time so I thought I'd see what this would do. I used the following rub with it

1 T salt
    1 T allspice
    1 T red pepper
    1 T light brown sugar
    1 t paprika
    1 t black pepper
    1 t onion powder
    1 t ground clove

This makes enough to do 2 racks baby back ribs.

My wife likes corriander so I sprinkled it on a couple of them on one end.

Smoked over white oak to start then alternated every other stick with hickory.

I wouldn't cook with applebutter in a comp until I figure out how to get rid of the mush but I'll keep trying because it had a good flavor and a bite.

8. smokincowboy

smokincowboy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Yea what Hawg said ... sure looks good

9. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

great lookin eats drool slurp wipe [​IMG] ...glad I still have some ribs left over [​IMG][​IMG]

10. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

LOOKS GREAT!!, that Lang may be overkill for that cook, but you got it and now you can do a large party, lots a friend and great Q