putting together a stainless steel smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mojoman

Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
My friend gave me a stainless steel cooler. The dimensions are 64in high 241/2 wide and 56in long. I was going to build a firebox out of concrete block and line it with fire brick. How far away should I put the firebox away from the smoker. What dimension of pipe and how long should it be. If someone else has a better idea for a firebox I would welcome it. The reason I say that is where I'm putting the smoker is temporaly until I move some dirt around. I want to get the smoker started asap so I can start smoking away. Thanks for all the input

Nice sounding project.
I think those answers depend on if your hot or cold smoking. To far away and hot smoking will be a challange, to close and cold smoking ...blah blah you get the picture.
Sorry for more questions then answers.
Several posters will show up soon that are more help then I.
Post pics, this sounds good.

welcome to smf there are a lot of options on your smoker like ambient temp in your area,year round use, hot smoke or cold? and on&on.
show us some pics of what ya got and tell us more about it.
icon_question.gif

later

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky