pulled porkchilada's

Discussion in 'Pork' started by realtorterry, Oct 28, 2010.

1. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

After seeing Dude's enchilada's & reading about Dutch's in the wiki I just had to make some. So I use the left over PP from this weekend, enjoy, I did!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Mmmmmm...... pork......

[​IMG]

3. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looking good! I haven't done them yet either, they just sound and look soooo yummy!!

4. jirodriguez

My favorite is pulled porkchelada's with a verde (green) sauce.

Take about 1 doz. tomatillo remove the outer leafy skin and stems. Toss them into a pot of salted water with 1 onion chopped into quarters, and 2 fresh serrano peppers. Bring to a boil and simmer till the tomatillos turn a yellowish green - if they start to break open pull them off the heat. Drain the water, dump everything into a blender with a handfull of cillantro and a pinch of salt  - hold the blender lid on TIGHT with a folded up towel - and give it a whirl. Taste, and adjust salt if desired.

Super easy and super, super tastey sauce.

5. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW I would love to try that. All I had on hand was green enchilada sauce, onions, & green chili's. So i went with that.

6. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    looks good terry........and carefull with the blender and hot stuff. i usually take the middle part out and place a towel over the hole, and don't fill it up past 1/2 way.

7. jirodriguez

+1 on the blender safety.... blending hot liquids can cause a very painfull mess if you don't use a nice thick towel and keep a very firm grip on that lid - even then a little will usually get out so keep the kids back.

8. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    that's why i remove the center part to let air escape. i have seen more tops explode right off no matter how hard people try to hold the down. also start at the lowest speed until it gets going.

9. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

Great looking enchiladas!  thanks to JIR for the tomatillo sauce!  Enchiladas made "leftovers" are so good, I smoked a chuck and a butt to freeze just to make 'em whenever.

10. coffee_junkie

coffee_junkie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I have yet to try that with PP. I normally make smoked pheasantchiladas. It is a big hit at hunting camp.

11. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Me too on the removal of the center piece. It only takes one mishap to teach you that lesson 

12. coacher72

coacher72 Smoking Fanatic

Thanks for the recipes, I keep reading all these posts and my to do list keeps getting larger and larger.[​IMG]

13. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Mmmmmm...... pork......

[​IMG]

What he said ^^^^^^^