Pulled Pork - Success

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spud27

Original poster
May 21, 2010
56264081_PorkButt.jpg

Man that is just a beautiful site to look at - Awesome smoke my friend
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

who were you feeding?  a football team?

thats a lot of meat.
Last week I did two butts and a 14 lb brisket... My wife asked me what posessed me to cook nearly 30 lbs of meat for the family...

After smoking it all we ate some, cut/pulled the rest and vacuum sealed it.

Yesterday my 17 year old daughter (a competitive swimmer) mentioned that we're almost out of bbq.. :-)

You don't have to feed a football team -- just a couple kids. :-)

-Michael in Houston

Hey Spud27 Great looking Butts! 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

But aren't you taking the "picture is worth a thousand words" a little too far?

You could say that this is for the family reunion that your Mom wanted you to do pulled pork for about 70 people???

Bearcaver

Last edited:
Spud, that is so awesome looking I bet they tasted delicious. Did you foil at all during the smoke? Makes me want to smoke some butts this weekend, but I have to got to the nascar race in Bristol this weekend.

Excellent looking butts!  Sure is nice to see a full smoker.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hi everyone this is Spud27.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  But, let me tell you a little about these lovely butts.  BearCarver is correct.  This was for a family reunion for 80 people, that was what I counted at the picnic.  I was a little nervous doing these because this was only the second time i did pulled pork.  But, with the help from all of you, these turned out GREAT and everyone loved the pulled pork. 

The picnic was on Saturday so instead of stressing out on Friday night I decided to do these the Sunday before.  I put the rub on Saturday morning and let them set in the fridge until Saturday morning.  I was up at 3, actually never went to bed, on Sunday morning.  I had the butts in the smoker at 4:00 am and took the last one off at 6:30pm Sunday night. My brother came over and we pulled them and put them in vacum seal bag and in the freezer.  In freezer until Friday. Took them out and let them thaw out.  On Saturday morning I put the bags in cold water and waited for the water get to a boil, took them out at this time.  Open up the bag and WOW it was like when I first pulled them out of the smoker. 

I figure I did about  38pound of raw meat, which I got about 22 pounds of cooked meat. 

Everyone at the picnic just loved the pulled pork. I took a big bowl to work on Tuesday and everyone there just loved it. 

Once again thanks to everyone on this forum for your help.

I did us a rub which I found from these forums.

rp RIBKING

Yes, I did foil them at 160 dgrees. I took them off of the smoker at about 202 and put them in the cooler for about an hour. 

cool.gif
Now those are some mighty fine looking butts you have there Spuds. Now I'm also sure that the family really enjoyed them too.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky