Pulled Pork from the modded ECB

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mulepackin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2007
Central Montana
Spent yesterday trialling the mods to my ECB, by doing some pulled pork. Used cushion meat which worked out very well. Jeff's rub over mustard, and SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce. I reserved all the pan juices, and after defatting, added all of it into the finishing sauce. I'm glad I did that, because if anything the cushion was quite a bit leaner than most butts (might just be how it was trimmed up) and ? dry. Turned out very good and the family said best they've ever had. The ECB mods seemed to work pretty well, and I didn't have near the heat variation I've battled in the past. Pretty much used the minion method for coals and only had to reload once in the 11 hour smoke. Used moist chips in foil pouches for smoke app. Also did a loaf of sourdough bread and Goats sourdough cobbler only with hucks. Both of these turned out real good too, I've got shots of them in their respective sections.
22eee286_vbattach18509.jpg

81f1c329_vbattach18510.jpg

77acd372_vbattach18508.jpg

Posted them earlier in the week under the charcoal section (I'd link to it if I knew how
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
).

Looks great and probally tasted better
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky