Pulled Pork Breakfast Burrito w/ QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqgeekess

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
This breakfast burrito with fried-to-a-crisp barbecued pulled pork has lots of Maillard reaction going on, a hint of bacony flavor along with all that BBQ'd pork goodness--makes for one delicious breakfast burrito!  You have to try this if you haven't before--I guarantee you'll love it!

n4v66u.jpg

Fry up the leftover barbecued pulled pork in a tablespoon of two of hot oil (light olive oil, lard, peanut oil, etc.) until it is crispy all over.

Push it aside in the pan, add a little butter and scramble up some eggs to large curds (1 to 1 1/2 eggs per breakfast burrito).

Gently combine the crispy pulled pork with the large curd scrambled eggs. Add shredded cheese (such as sharp cheddar and mozzarella) and fold that in as well.

Throw in a warmed white flour tortilla (I heat mine on my gas burner) and roll up.

Last edited:
Reactions: disco and pc farmer

This breakfast burrito with fried-to-a-crisp barbecued pulled pork has lots of Maillard reaction going on, a hint of bacony flavor along with all that BBQ'd pork goodness--makes for one delicious breakfast burrito!  You have to try this if you haven't before--I guarantee you'll love it!

n4v66u.jpg

Fry up the leftover barbecued pulled pork in a tablespoon of two of hot oil (light olive oil, lard, peanut oil, etc.) until it is crispy all over.

Push it aside in the pan, add a little butter and scramble up some eggs to large curds (1 to 1 1/2 eggs per breakfast burrito).

Gently combine the crispy pulled pork with the large curd scrambled eggs. Add shredded cheese (such as sharp cheddar and mozzarella) and fold that in as well.

Throw in a warmed white flour tortilla (I heat mine on my gas burner) and roll up.
Im not sure what a Maillard reaction, but if it has to do with making people drool then this has for sure got it going on!! Looks AWESOME!! 
drool.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: bbqgeekess
That looks awesome.    

Wonder how it would be without the eggs?

That looks awesome.    

Wonder how it would be without the eggs?
I'm sure it'd be delicious, but then I couldn't call it a breakfast burrito :)  I really love the texture and flavor of the buttery eggs mixed with with it all though.

I do make shack attack sauced barbecued pulled pork burritos all the time, with mozerella & salsa verde.  That's stellar as well.

Last edited:

We cant have eggs in the house.
I guess if you put some hash browns in with it, you could call it a breakfast burrito still :)

So someone is allergic I gather.  I think I recall it was your son?  Is he allergic to both egg yolks and egg whites?

Hrm mabye some deep fried diced tofu in there as well?  It has kind of an eggy texture.

Last edited:
Tofo ??????   I dont think so.  

Yes it is my son and I had thought about hashbrowns.

We cant have eggs in the house.
I don't have any allergy against eggs but I just don't care for them. I find the texture bothers me. When a recipe calls for scrambled eggs, I substitute a cheese sauce (butter, flour, shredded cheese, dry mustard and a dash of Tabasco). Even people who like eggs like my breakfast burritos, stratas, etc.

Disco

Great looking breakfast.

Not a huge egg fan either. I would add small diced potatoes or even some pento beans with a fresh salsa.....in place of the eggs.

Love me some mallard reaction......:biggrin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky