Pros and Cons on Brinkmann Cimaron Deluxe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thumper

Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
I'm new here and looking for info on the Brinkmann Cimaron Deluxe it looks like everything i'm wanting in a wood smoker. Pros and Cons welcomed.

np.......just wanted to make sure, that you knew we are here......and you are not being ignored..........
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

someone will be along........trust me..........(d8de crosses his fingers)

LMOA...........no......j/k........as james earl jones once said.........

"Build it, they will come"............not if THAT wasn't off track........hehehe

d8de

top of page...........you will see search...........type in your smoker and see what it brings..........

if not.........say so......you should get some more help

d8de

I've done the search before i posted a thread and didn't have much come back. I've been reading about the tuning plates being installed in some smokers as a mod. I wonder if this grill will need one

Hi Thumper! I bought the Cimmaron Deluxe from Bass Pro Shops last year for $550, thought I was getting a great deal. This was my first ever smoker, I've used hibachis and a Weber kettle for years, mostly grilling, but a little smoking in the Weber. I have only used the Cimmaron for smoking, so here's my take:

Pros:
1. Made of 1/4 inch steel, retains heat well
2. Kinda cool looking wheels, though I never move it around

Cons:
1. Smallish cooking area. 2 racks of spares laying flat and theirs skirt meat fill it. I have to remove the grates to use my ribrack. If I sit it on the grates the lid won't close. Even then I can only load 4 racks at a time. And I love ribs.
2. Temperature variation, 150 degree difference from side to side. Looks like I'll be making tuning plates, see thread I started the other day in charcoal smoker section. Their website claims that it has a "unique convection system in cooking chamber to distribute heat evenly". Apparently this consists of an under sized baffle by the firebox and air, because there's nothing else in the cooking chamber but the grates.
3. The fryer/burner attachment appears to have been welded up by drunken howler monkeys. None of the radii pieces that the pot would sit on are in the same plane, so a pot rocks like crazy. I wouldn't dare put a pot of hot oil on it. I need to write them letter, I think. Or maybe I'll just weld
up a new one myself, it's not that complicated and I'd know it was straight.

I reckon once I modify it a bit it'll be a good little smoker, but it's still going to be small. And for the price, I didn't think I'd have to make a bunch of mods to make it do what it's supposed to. I would look at some of the other options out there real hard. I think you can spend about half the money for a comparable unit (although it won't be 1/4 inch steel) make some mods and still have a couple hundred bucks to put towards grub.

Thanks alot taz6317 and Fatback Joe that was the info I was looking for good job. Armed with this info I'm still looking and undesided I might just go with the Bar B Chef and save $300.00

Thanks for everyones help...

Good luck. Tough decisions.........you hate doing the "I should have gotten"........but you wouldn't be the first guy around here to wing up with more than one smoker. LOL

The $300 could be used to get a wsm or something along with it and still have money for wood and meat.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Isn't the wsm the small bullet type? I was thinking of on w/firebox and a little bigger.

Yeah, I was just trying to help you spend the $300 you would save if you go with the Bar B Chef.......2 smokers for what you would pay for the Brinkmann.

Have you considered the Char-Griller Smokin' Pro? That's a pretty popular unit around here, lots of folks have 'em including myself. With some minor mods, it is a smokin' machine! You can pick one up for under $200...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky