Propane fridge smoker question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beam4084

Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
Do I need to have air intake vents in my propane fridge smoker build? Never done anything like this before and want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanks for any help.

You need air inlet on the bottom and top of the fridge.... without air, you could have a flame-out of the burner.... the fridge could fill with propane and any spark could turn the fridge into a propane bomb..... building any propane smoker has it's hazards... Serious considerations, regarding safety, should be addressed......

Consider electric to be on the safe side..... electricity won't explode.....

call ed, he has more experience with fridge smokers than anyone I have met, I have built 2 using his burners very happy with these burners the pan has holes in it, you need to build it so the bottom can vent outside  if it did go out gas is heavy and exits the bottom

http://gassmoker.com      

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky