Problems with my homemade pellet burner.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teamteke

Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
My son-in-law who is a welder made me a niffy pellet burning tray.  It is made of 1/8" thick aluminum.  I have tried to have it stay lit without success.  I microwaved my pellets and also used my torch to really get it going at first.  I live at high altitude and my attempts were made during the past winter months with cold temperatures of 10-30 degrees.  I even purchased and tried the mailbox trick without success.

Here are my thoughts:  (which do you think is the problem)

-The aluminum is too much of a heat sink and cools the embers burning putting out the fire.

- My mountain altitude of 8600' does not supply enough oxygen for the pellets to burn.

- My brand of pellets -Camp Chef- are no good.

- I should have purchased the Amazing Pellet Burner AMNPS.  Its the real deal.

thanks for your help-

Ron

Silverthorne, Colorado

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky