Problem viewing certain avatars.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

glued2it

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Tulsa
I can't seem to figure out what is exactly going on here.

I noticed this when twistertail posted his new avatar and I couldn't see it, but everyone else could.

I can't see certain avatars one PC but can see them on another.

I noticed I'm having issues with JPEG's, some GIF's and Bitmaps. I can see JPG's, PNG's and some GIF's with no problem.

Moltenone's avatar shows JPEG on the laptop and JPG on the desktop.
the Desktop (being the problematic) See's it as the JPG, so I can see it.

That's when I got real curious. It doesn't mater if I use IE7 or Mozilla.
Why would two different PC's see the file in two different formats.

I'm a hardware and networking guy, so this is beyond my skill level or I'm just overlooking something simple.

I am just a BBQ guy so it really stumps me.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

I checked the file type and his is a gif, while most are .jpg's The diff between jpg and jpeg should not matter, but who knows... with Win-doze ;{)

Glued check this:

In your browser click Tool > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > scroll down to multimedia > make sure the play animations in web pages box is checked.

See if that helps.

Right click the pic and click on properties.. yours is a BMP file

Something I forgot to mention. Both PC's are loaded from the same base image So the browser settings shouldn't be a issue.
The problem is That only certain ones don't show. I'm been all through the Browser setting and they match identically. I think because this box has allot of higher security, It's has to be in one of security software settings if no one else is experiencing the same problem.

Rich I almost posted a disclaimer asking for no Crapintosh.... I mean Macintosh reply's just for you!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Then I would lean toward a firewall setting holding them out. Do both machines have the same firewall? Are they both running the same OS with current updates?

That's what i'm wondering about because the desktop and one laptop have the same firwall but different OS's Xp pro and vista. The other laptop has xp but a different firewall. The other two desktops have linux.I'm going to do some more digging to see what I can find.

What OS does the problem machine have? What firewall is it running?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky