Probe Thermometers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fyrmnj

Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Hi Again:
Can someone suggest a Probe Thermometer to use with the masterbuilt smoker model 20070407? Also, I seem to get smoke coming from the seal around the top right of the door if the air damper is completely closed. If the damper is open I don't get the smoke coming from the top right of the door. Is this normal?
Thanks
fyrmnJ

FIREMAN ARE ALWAYS IN HEAT

I'm pretty new here, but as for the probe thermometer, I found a $15 model by Trutemp at Target that seems to work very well. I use it for measuring the tempurature of the smoking chamber as well as the meat. I'm planning to get a 2nd one so I can have one for the smoking chamber and another for the meat. Good luck! Walt

You can get many different digital meat thermometers from different places. Most Lowe's, Home Depots, Sears, Walmarts all carry them. Lots of people here also use the Maverick ET-73 dual probe thermos. A probe placed at grate level and one for the meat is very useful. As far has the vent on the top you never want it closed while the smoker is running it will trap stale smoke in and can also lead to a creosote build up on the meat.

The only time I close the damper is if I want to pre heat without chips. The leak on the door is normal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky