Prime Rib Calendar (My Favorite Smokes)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
UpDate:

I finally had time to Update this thread again

I started with 6 Prime Ribs.

I added some along the way, and today I just added one from July, 2015, and September of 2015, bringing the Total to 14 Smoked Prime Ribs in this collection.

>>>>Please go to the start of this thread to see them all.

Note: This is not a Step by Step Thread. This is just a "Look What I Did" Thread.

Hope you enjoy the Pics,

Bear

PS:  You can find how I did some of these, by going to my "Step by Step" Index, through the link at the bottom of this and any of my other posts:

Sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to look again, Makes me want PR too bad.

Always a winner my friend

Gary

Sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to look again, Makes me want PR too bad.

Always a winner my friend

Gary
LOL---I understand---It does the same thing to me too.

I'm tempted to pull & Smoke one of the 2 I have in my Freezer, and it just isn't quite time yet.

Thanks Gary!!

Bear

Looks great Bear, I'm trying my first for Christmas tomorrow and using your step-by-step as a guide.  Was it just me or did you IT temperature increase over time from a rare to a more medium/medium rare?   If so, which did you prefer?

Great posts as always, Merry Christmas!

Great pictures Bear! I made one a few weeks ago following your step-by-step and it was outstanding.  I then went down and bought 6 more...
banana_smiley.gif

Steve

Looks great Bear, I'm trying my first for Christmas tomorrow and using your step-by-step as a guide.  Was it just me or did you IT temperature increase over time from a rare to a more medium/medium rare?   If so, which did you prefer?

Great posts as always, Merry Christmas!
Thanks Briggy!!

You're right---We at the Bear Den have evolved slightly on the IT over the last 15 Prime Ribs.

We started out liking about 137°, and didn't care for how chewy they were any lower, and tried a few more degrees at a time.

We found we liked the texture much better once we got to 139°.

However in the end we found that 144° was a bit too far, but between 140° and 142° gives us the beautiful Pink interior, yet isn't chewy at all, like raw meat. And the taste is Awesome! And actually we really only moved up about 3° to 5° overall.

Bear

Great pictures Bear! I made one a few weeks ago following your step-by-step and it was outstanding.  I then went down and bought 6 more...
banana_smiley.gif

Steve
That's Great Steve!!
icon14.gif

I really love hearing that---Makes my Day!!

Bear

Looked again, It just doesn't get any better than that.

Gary

Looked again, It just doesn't get any better than that.

Gary
Thanks Gary!!

I love these Smoked Prime Ribs so much, even I have to stop & gaze, in between my Bi-Monthly Prime Rib Smokes.

Bear

Next time I see it on sale - im buying one and going to go for it
That's Great, TJ !!

You won't be sorry!

There's a whole bunch of them to choose from in my Step by Step Index (Below).

Bear

There is:  da Vinci, Salvador Dali, Rembrandt, van Gogh, Picasso  and Bear  his Prime Rib Pics belong right there with them.

Had to come back and look again

Gary

There is:  da Vinci, Salvador Dali, Rembrandt, van Gogh, Picasso  and Bear  his Prime Rib Pics belong right there with them.

Had to come back and look again

Gary
LOL------
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif

Bear

OK - I have a 5# Prime rib

Ive cut the meat from the bone about 3/4 way thru, leaving meat connected to the back part of the bones. I was told that this will keep it from separating and overcooking?

Im going to cook at 225 for 5 hrs

I have a rub on there, salt pepper, garlic, oil, chili powder

Ill post pics.... I have to go and get butcher string ....I forgot it

OK - I have a 5# Prime rib

Ive cut the meat from the bone about 3/4 way thru, leaving meat connected to the back part of the bones. I was told that this will keep it from separating and overcooking?

Im going to cook at 225 for 5 hrs

I have a rub on there, salt pepper, garlic, oil, chili powder

Ill post pics.... I have to go and get butcher string ....I forgot it
Sounds good, but if I leave the bones on I cut them almost off, so they're easy to cut off when done. You can also cut them all the way off, and tie them back on if you want to do it all together.

I would take it to your favorite Internal Temp, and not go by time.

Note:  It should only carry-over 5° or 6° when using 225° Smoker Temp.

Here's two---One with & one without a pan:

Smoked Prime Rib (47th Anniversary Dinner)
Bear

good lookin' PR's!!

Here is one I did, posted it here sometime ago but here it is again.

I brush mine with EVOO, then a heavy coating of:

Kosher Salt, Lawry's Season Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, touch of Garlic Powder, lots of Herbs de Provence and a touch of Cayenne Pepper, then in to the smoker to 118 to 120 internal.

good lookin' PR's!!

Here is one I did, posted it here sometime ago but here it is again.

I brush mine with EVOO, then a heavy coating of:

Kosher Salt, Lawry's Season Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, touch of Garlic Powder, lots of Herbs de Provence and a touch of Cayenne Pepper, then in to the smoker to 118 to 120 internal.
Looks Mighty Tasty, Beef !!!
drool.gif

I see you did this one in 2012--Beautiful PR !!

Just in case---If you want it to be Pink from Bark to Bark, drop it down from 250° to 220° Smoker Temp.

Bear

I didn't read through the whole thread , but July of 2013 ,, HUBBA ! HUBBA !  Steak house here  called  Kreis'  .  They specialize in prime rib , and you have some pics that look like it came out of their kitchen . 

I didn't read through the whole thread , but July of 2013 ,, HUBBA ! HUBBA !  Steak house here  called  Kreis'  .  They specialize in prime rib , and you have some pics that look like it came out of their kitchen . 
Thank You Very Much!!

If you never had a Smoked Prime Rib, you gotta try one---They're so much better tasting than Restaurant Roasted PRs.

It's hard to believe the flavor when done in a 220° Smoker.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky