Pork Tenderloin, Stuffed Peppers, and ABT's w/ lots of Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flyboys

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Southeastern PA
I stop by my friendly neighborhood produce store this morning and what to my wondering eyes should appear, 29 jalapenos, and 6 bell peppers, all for four bucks!  So the first thing that pops into my mind is turds, of the atomic buffalo kind.  The second thing is stuffed peppers.  So my next stop is to a turkey farm and I pick up 3 pounds of fresh turkey sausage.  My final stop is the grocery store where I get cream cheese, and two packs of pork tenderloins just for the heck of it.  So much for Christmas decorating today.

45d193d1_IMG_4342.jpg

fcc6d76d_IMG_4354.jpg

3cf1781a_IMG_4345.jpg
First, for the wimps in my family, I marinate some of the japs in milk.

b710e50d_IMG_4352.jpg

Sorry, the pic is not that good, but this is the bulk turkey sausage being fried up.

Below is the 4 tenderloins, after being doused with evoo and covered with a store bought apple rub.  Man, I'm really getting hungry

6c0b6ea3_IMG_4348.jpg

0fb8f44e_IMG_4357.jpg

Fried turkey sausage is mixed with cream cheese and the same rub on the tenderloins, stuffed in the japs, then placed in the smoker.  Two of the tenderloins are already finished!  RIght after I took the picture, I took the seeds and junk out of the bell peppers and sat them in the smoker with no top on for an hour.

While the peppers were in there, I fried up more turkey sausage and mixed it with worstecire(sp), italian seasoning, ricotta cheese, and Cento tomato sauce, the Cento is an absolute must.  After an hour, I filled up the bell peppers with this.  Sorry, this is about when the kids got home from school, so I didn't get to photo this part. 

And after a full day of smoking, here are
5d7342e5_IMG_4359.jpg
the fruits of my labor.  The pork was extremely tender, the turds were fantastic, and my absolute favorite was the stuffed peppers.  Something to think about trying if you have never done it before.  Oh, I forgot to mention the game hens I bought for tomorrow.  This is going to be an awesome weekend!  Thanks for looking.

f1489672_IMG_4362.jpg

82e10827_IMG_4364.jpg

6bfc13dd_IMG_4366.jpg

Haha funny man I picked up20 jalepenos today too! I got called in to work though so I didn't get to cook up any ABT's.

I do have to agree as well, left over pizza does taste great!  Thank you everyone for the replies.  I was really happy with the way everything turned out.  Everything I cooked was based off of something that I learned from this site over the years, actually, everything I bbq is based off of something I have learned from this site.  The pork was just as juicy today, a day later, as it was yesterday.  Oh, Ray, I hope they let you out early enough to finish your turd!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky