Pork Ribs 3-2-1 with AMNPS and Pitmasters Choice pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I had to buy these ribs....  A small local grocery/butcher shop had them in the case.... NO pump, NO vac-pack, just pure ribs and meaty...  

French's mustard, salt, pepper, and a mix of spices.... wrapped over night....

f2bd9d19_RubbedWrapped.jpg

Planned on a 3-2-1 so, 1 row Pitmasters Choice is plenty of pellets....  I preheated the smoker at 275 for 1 hour and

had the AMNPS and pellets inside to dry a little... sure helped... they lit super easy and the smoke was perfect...

29a627bc_1rowpellets3.jpg

Ribs ready and waiting for the smoke.....

2126cf34_Inthesmoker2.jpg

I'm always amazed at the perfect amount of smoke the AMNPS and Pitmasters Choice pellets puts out....

And the aroma is killer.... not acrid or stinging to the nose.... Sweet and mild.....

838855c7_AMNPSthinbluesmoke4.jpg

One more shot of the perfect smoke from the AMNPS...

c767ef5d_AMNPSthinbluesmoke5.jpg

Ribs after 3 hours of Pitmasters Choice pellets.... started with a full row of pellets and 1 1/2 inches of row left....

I am sure the AMNPS will smoke for 11-12 hours on 1# of Pitmasters Choice pellets...  

The ribs have a great color and the smell of the smoke is awesome.....

b6732844_Ribswith3hourssmoke.jpg

These ribs were so meaty..... you can see why I had to pick them up.....  The smoke flavor was perfect....

Bride likes the flavor better than other types of smoke flavor.... Mild, sweet, not overpowering..... and granddaughter

ate 5 ribs....  

660a3859_MoneyRibs.jpg

Todd is a hero around this household..... The AMNPS is an absolute must for applying the proper

amount of smoke to your food without having to think..... Important for us old guys.....

And Pitmasters Choice Pellets have the perfect flavor that everyone will enjoy......

Yeee Ha Great Job Dave!

Did you ever foil the ribs?

I did not foil my last batch of ribs, and they were fantastic

TJ

Yeee Ha Great Job Dave!

Did you ever foil the ribs?

I did not foil my last batch of ribs, and they were fantastic
Todd, Yes I did....  Poured a little beer in the foil package and braised the ribs for 2 hours.......  Then I used the drippings (sans fat) to mix with Yoshida, KC Masterpiece and Chipotle Mojo for a glaze on the ribs.....  

I prefer not to braise but..... Bride likes fall of the bone meat..... 

You know, I can't get over the flavor of the pellet smoke...  and the AMNPS how good it works.... 

By the way..... if you ever look for "volunteer testers" for your sons roller skates ???????        I'm busy that day.....  LOL......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky