Pork loin on Gas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokemaster

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
Germany
Decided to try something different today, smoke a pork loin on my gas grill. I used some hickory chips and smoked at 240F.

I found a recipe that sounded good for a sauce but it came out terrible
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif
It was too sour. I tried to fix it but it was too far gone.
411_100_1845_1.jpg

411_100_1847_1.jpg

After 3hrs internal temp 145F. I brushed a little on a piece of the loin and I'm waiting to see how it'll taste on the meat.
411_100_1850_1.jpg

There's a little smoke ring
411_100_1851_1.jpg

Got it resting now.

One important thing to do always is to taste everything before you add it to your food.

Taste your rubs and sauces
Make brines exact to recipes and taste them.

I found the McCormick Pork Rub to be a good balanced starting rub, if you don't have the inclination to make your own.

Good job smoking on the grill....and I second trying beforehand or only using highly recommended sauces or rubs.

I'm in the process of doing a Pork Loin and a mess of other meats on my GOSM today. Using Meowey's Pork Rub on the Loin and Fatties.

Will post some pics later tonight.

Looks good Smokemaster.

When something goes to sour add brown sugar or molassaes. That'll bring it back around.

Sweet, sour, hot and saltly are very subjecive. Everyone has there own level of like and dislikes. Use the ingrediants which affect these flavors sparingly and taste often to make sure it's acceptable to you before adding more.

Good Luck!

i was thinking the same thing for the race today and try something out on the new grill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky