pork butt stall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

According to food safety guidelines - No you shouldn't. Mine go from the fridge to the smoker within a couple minutes.
Smoking B - Could you be a little more specific about the "food safety guidelines" you're referring with reference to bringing meat to room temperature. I often do as you do and move the meat directly from the refrigerator to the smoker. However, there are times I let me rest on the counter for awhile rising to and resting at room temperature.

I'm not an expert but from what I've read there seems to be a consensus opinion that meat should be fine at room temperature for up to 2 hours (1 hour when ambient temps are 90F+). From your comment it seems to me that the guidelines your referencing would call for a drastically reduced time at room temperature.

Thanks

Time my stalls for overnight so I usually sleep through it

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Time my stalls for overnight so I usually sleep through it

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Exactly!! I do 6-8lb shoulders and put them in at 2100. at 90 to 120 minutes a pound...stall all you want, you will come to temp by the time I wake up, have coffee and a shower, 210*, foil and towel until I feel like it. Now...I've only done 6, so the jury is still out...but no complaints so far.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky