Pork butt, chicken and sides

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chunk d

Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
Stafford, Virginia
I had family and friends over for some good times and good food.  I cooked the 8.5lb pork butt @225 degrees for 12 hours.  I pulled the pork butt @ an IT of 195 and put in a foil pan, wrapped it and put in a cooler and then a towel around it and let it sit for 2 hours.  I put the chicken in a brine for 12 hours and then pulled off the skin while washing off the brine.  I put the chicken, corn and beans on @250 degrees for 2 hours.  Everything turned out really well.  I wasn't sure how the chicken would turn out without the skin, but I was really surprised that the chicken had a really nice crispiness to it and was extremely juicy.  When I grabbed the chicken with the tongs I could hear the chicken sizzling on the inside.  That was my first time using a brine and I'll most definitely do it again.  I personally felt that it made a big difference on the juiciness.

I injected the pork butt with this

Pork butt after 8 hours with a mix of Sweet Baby Ray's new Cola-Q BBQ sauce and Rec Tec's mild vinegar sauce on it

Beans, chicken and corn on the grill. 

I forgot to take a picture of the pork butt done, but here it is pulled.

Beans done

Chicken done

Corn done

SOMEBODY gotta whole lotta of skills!  Outstanding!!

Happy Independence Day!! 
usa.gif

Last edited:
Looks good!. I LOVE THE CREOLE BUTTER! So good. Tried it firsf on a deep fried turkey... but with some pork tenderloins.. greatnes!! And welcome to SMF! youll fit in here just fine.. EVEN if you are a Skins fan! (Sigh) Go Cowboys. . ;/
Mike:biggrin:

Looks good!. I LOVE THE CREOLE BUTTER! So good. Tried it firsf on a deep fried turkey... but with some pork tenderloins.. greatnes!! And welcome to SMF! youll fit in here just fine.. EVEN if you are a Skins fan! (Sigh) Go Cowboys. . ;/
Mike:biggrin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky