Pork butt, chicken and sides

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chunk d, Jul 2, 2013.

1. I had family and friends over for some good times and good food.  I cooked the 8.5lb pork butt @225 degrees for 12 hours.  I pulled the pork butt @ an IT of 195 and put in a foil pan, wrapped it and put in a cooler and then a towel around it and let it sit for 2 hours.  I put the chicken in a brine for 12 hours and then pulled off the skin while washing off the brine.  I put the chicken, corn and beans on @250 degrees for 2 hours.  Everything turned out really well.  I wasn't sure how the chicken would turn out without the skin, but I was really surprised that the chicken had a really nice crispiness to it and was extremely juicy.  When I grabbed the chicken with the tongs I could hear the chicken sizzling on the inside.  That was my first time using a brine and I'll most definitely do it again.  I personally felt that it made a big difference on the juiciness.

I injected the pork butt with this

Pork butt after 8 hours with a mix of Sweet Baby Ray's new Cola-Q BBQ sauce and Rec Tec's mild vinegar sauce on it

Beans, chicken and corn on the grill. 

I forgot to take a picture of the pork butt done, but here it is pulled.

Beans done

Chicken done

Corn done

2. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

SOMEBODY gotta whole lotta of skills!  Outstanding!!

Happy Independence Day!!  [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  3. mr t 59874

mr t 59874 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looking good.

Welcome to the forum.

Tom

4. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Mmm...that all looks delicious!  Nice going!

Red

5. webowabo

webowabo Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks good!. I LOVE THE CREOLE BUTTER! So good. Tried it firsf on a deep fried turkey... but with some pork tenderloins.. greatnes!! And welcome to SMF! youll fit in here just fine.. EVEN if you are a Skins fan! (Sigh) Go Cowboys. . ;/
    Mike:biggrin: