Philly can keep there cheesesteak!!

Discussion in 'Grilling Beef' started by b-one, Apr 22, 2015.

1. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's right I said it take your cheesesteak and shove it!!! Okay I'll still eat them.:biggrin: But there's a new sandwich star in town the leftover r/s Tri tip FIVE cheese monster grilled cheese! So I sautéed some mushrooms and onions the deglazed the pan with leftover juices from the Tri tip removed from heat tossed on some thin sliced leftover r/s Tri tip to warm. Then layered bread,Kraft single,Tri tip,mushrooms,onions,four cheddar blend cheese,a slice of toast and then repeat.
    Well I can only say after grilling the perfect four cheddar blend crust on top it was sandwich perfection!:rofl:

2. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Tasty lookin sammie

3. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks awesome.... Toss in a cold brewsky to wash it down & I'd be all other that ! Thumbs Up. Actually I'd eat it with or without a brewsky.... But much prefer with ! :biggrin:

4. b-one

Thanks, I usally stick with Coke,but if the beer showed up I may drink it!

5. worktogthr

worktogthr Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

To me there is no greater combination on earth than beef and cheese. I would wreck this sandwich haha

6. mdboatbum

mdboatbum Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That's a delicious looking sandwich! Funny thing, a cheesesteak in Philadelphia is all about being simple, quick and best of all cheap. They'd look at that and think they were in a 5 star restaurant!

7. b-one

The only bummer was work called and I had to make a delivery,but it prolonged the sandwich enjoy enjoyment!

8. b-one

Thanks,it was tasty!

9. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

b-one that looks great good way to use the leftover,love mushroom and onions on a steak.

[​IMG]  

10. Yo, trash talking Philly ? That don't look like no Tony Lucs to me. Yeah, simple, top rib eye, wiz wit and a fresh baked roll. Looks like one of those fancy North Liberties patty melts for $20. Philly joke. Anyway ,nice sammie combo , looked delicious.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  11. b-one

Thank you sir and thanks for the point!

12. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Tasty sandwee! I'd take a Tri tip sandwee any day!

13. b-one

Bring it on tough guy:biggrin: we use to have a place here that had really good cheesesteaks they changed there menu I always got double meat and cheese they couldn't believe I could put it down but I always did! The only place now skimps on the cheese IMHO. If I had a steady supply of real good ones I might not fit out my door.

14. hammer77

hammer77 Fire Starter

I am always looking for things to do with leftover meat. This looks great, I must try it! Thanks for the idea.

Dave

15. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Dang, that looks good - I  need to try something like that!

[​IMG]

16. b-one

Hey no problem the cheese crust is great for upping any sando!

17. gearjammer

gearjammer Master of the Pit

Dang, b-one that's a fine looking sammidge.

Points for making me drool.      [​IMG]

Ed

18. b-one

Thanks,I'm thinking a split sausage sando this way.

19. b-one

Thanks Ed!