Philly can keep there cheesesteak!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
That's right I said it take your cheesesteak and shove it!!! Okay I'll still eat them.:biggrin: But there's a new sandwich star in town the leftover r/s Tri tip FIVE cheese monster grilled cheese! So I sautéed some mushrooms and onions the deglazed the pan with leftover juices from the Tri tip removed from heat tossed on some thin sliced leftover r/s Tri tip to warm. Then layered bread,Kraft single,Tri tip,mushrooms,onions,four cheddar blend cheese,a slice of toast and then repeat.
Well I can only say after grilling the perfect four cheddar blend crust on top it was sandwich perfection!:rofl:

Looks awesome.... Toss in a cold brewsky to wash it down & I'd be all other that ! Thumbs Up. Actually I'd eat it with or without a brewsky.... But much prefer with ! :biggrin:

Looks awesome.... Toss in a cold brewsky to wash it down & I'd be all other that ! Thumbs Up. Actually I'd eat it with or without a brewsky.... But much prefer with ! :biggrin:

Thanks, I usally stick with Coke,but if the beer showed up I may drink it!

That's a delicious looking sandwich! Funny thing, a cheesesteak in Philadelphia is all about being simple, quick and best of all cheap. They'd look at that and think they were in a 5 star restaurant!

To me there is no greater combination on earth than beef and cheese. I would wreck this sandwich haha

The only bummer was work called and I had to make a delivery,but it prolonged the sandwich enjoy enjoyment!

That's a delicious looking sandwich! Funny thing, a cheesesteak in Philadelphia is all about being simple, quick and best of all cheap. They'd look at that and think they were in a 5 star restaurant!

Thanks,it was tasty!

b-one that looks great good way to use the leftover,love mushroom and onions on a steak.

points.gif

Yo, trash talking Philly ? That don't look like no Tony Lucs to me. Yeah, simple, top rib eye, wiz wit and a fresh baked roll. Looks like one of those fancy North Liberties patty melts for $20. Philly joke. Anyway ,nice sammie combo , looked delicious.

Last edited:
Yo, trash talking Philly ? That don't look like no Tony Lucs to me. Yeah, simple, top rib eye, wiz wit and a fresh baked roll. Looks like one of those fancy North Liberties patty melts for $20. Philly joke. Anyway ,nice sammie combo , looked delicious.

Bring it on tough guy:biggrin: we use to have a place here that had really good cheesesteaks they changed there menu I always got double meat and cheese they couldn't believe I could put it down but I always did! The only place now skimps on the cheese IMHO. If I had a steady supply of real good ones I might not fit out my door.

I am always looking for things to do with leftover meat. This looks great, I must try it! Thanks for the idea.

Dave

I am always looking for things to do with leftover meat. This looks great, I must try it! Thanks for the idea.

Dave

Hey no problem the cheese crust is great for upping any sando!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky