Pesticides?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jord hawkins

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 5, 2007
Bowmanville, ON
Hey folks,

Just a quick question.....

There is an orchard within 2 km of my house which I thought might be a good source for some apple wood but I was wondering if I should be concerned about possible pesticides that have been sprayed on the trees during the past growing season(s)? I guess this might be a concern for all fruit trees.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jord

The trees around here are sprayed with "Fruit Tree Spray". It contains the pesticide Captan. According to the FDA and USDA it is safe for humans simply by washing the fruit. The wood should not be a problem due to the rain washing it clean.

I can not speak for your area. But here you can call the local county extension agent and they can answer all the questions a person has about chemicals.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky