pepperoni snack sticks, hot snack sticks, Maple breakfast sausage.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrod62

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Jun 13, 2011
New Athens IL
got to try out the new stuffer . so pepperoni sticks and some hot sticks both with cheese in them.

and also maple breakfast sausage.

6eb17fa3_0202.jpg

made 5lbs of both the pepperoni and hot sticks

52c884c8_0192.jpg

made 8 lbs of the maple sausage

7b17adfa_0242.jpg

9f73fce3_018.jpg

a81bd664_022.jpg

the stuffer is a 7 lbs . here its fill with 5lbs of meat

771a80e1_030.jpg

starting of the pepperoni

4a79930a_001.jpg

e32e7da9_008.jpg

I need a smoke house bad !!!! well got to work with what you got so going with 3 layers so I can get them all on

at same time.

6d133944_010.jpg

first layer

09314b97_013.jpg

2 layers

629df9d4_014.jpg

now 3 layers

de110945_0342.jpg

side view

b8941cf1_0312.jpg

made the breakfast sausage while the sticks was on the smoker

0121a307_011.jpg

wife wanted pulled pork for supper so here the last one I got for .99lbs  (just pickup 3 more butts today for $1.29lbs).

had to fire up the little smoker since my bigger one was filled with the sticks.

bf458418_042.jpg

here it is ready for the foil

63fee092_038.jpg

sticks all done , now for the bath to cool them down.

1890323b_040.jpg
0d1691eb_044.jpg

thanks for looking

thanks , its not bad.   I will add more season per lbs then they say to use.

going to try SmokinAl "spicy pepperoni" recipe next time

Yeah I was going to try that one next!  I just made this one and it turned out pretty good!! (another members recipe)

For 5 lb

4 lbs lean beef

1 lb ground pork

1 tsp cure #1

2.5 Tbs non iodized salt. I used pure salt for sausage makers.

2 oz dark brown sugar

1 Tbs cayenne or more to taste

1/2 Tbs white pepper

2 1/4 Tbs dextrose

1 Tbs granulated garlic

1.5 Tbs ground mustard

2.5 TBSP Crushed fennel seed

1/2 TSP Allspice

1 cup water

1 cup non fat dry milk

Last edited:

Yeah I was going to try that one next!  I just made this one and it turned out pretty good!! (another members recipe)

For 5 lb

4 lbs lean beef

1 lb ground pork

1 tsp cure #1

2.5 Tbs non iodized salt. I used pure salt for sausage makers.

2 oz dark brown sugar

1 Tbs cayenne or more to taste

1/2 Tbs white pepper

2 1/4 Tbs dextrose

1 Tbs granulated garlic

1.5 Tbs ground mustard

2.5 TBSP Crushed fennel seed

1/2 TSP Allspice

1 cup water

1 cup non fat dry milk
will have to try this one to

Looks like it was a great day and some awesome sticks 

I Have used both the High Mountain and the LEM pepperoni  mix's.

For my money I like the LEM spicy hot stix the best, The High mountain just didn't seem to give the bite that all my friends and I like.

I recently made up 15 ounds of pepperoni with the high mountain spicy mix and I even added 1 teaspoon of cayanne pepper to it, and still very mild.

Also I want to add this as a comment and a question. Using the high mountain for that 15 pounds, I did my mixing in my 20 Cabela's meat mixer, I used 10 pounds of ground Deer meat and 5 pounds of ground pork butt. during and after the mix, the whole inside of my meat mixer was coated with yellow fat. The next day when I had to add water to this mix to get it soft enough to stuffer with my Dakotah stuffer, I hand mixed the mixture with my hands, and my hands were coated with yellow fat.

That same day I mixed up 25 pounds of pepperoni using 15 pounds of the very same Ground Deer meat and 10 Pounds of the very same ground pork butt. No coating of fat inside my meat mixer and when I hand mixed to thin it down for stuffing, I never got that coating on my hands either.

Also, when I stuffed the high mountain mixture, I got goblets of fat and at times the whole casing would be a plug of fat 1/4" long inside the 21 mm casing. Much Much fat in all the high mountan mixed stix.

As I said before, All the deer meat came from the same animal and butcher shop, All the pork butt came in the same package. When I stuffed the mixture that was mixed with LEM seasoning, there was no seperated fat at all. The texture of the finished product was nicer, flavor was better and The bite was good and I didn't add any cayanne pepper to the LEM Mix.

I smoked these 2 batchs 1 day after the other, I used Maple pellets in my AMSNP for both batchs, I smoked them both to the same IT using the same digital thermameter each time.

Has anybody else had any experience's such as this?

Thanks, Rich

Hi Jrod, if you get the opportunity to get your hands on some LEM spicy sticks, give it a try, I have used the Hi Mountain also but found I like the LEM spicy sticks way better. If you like a little more kick, I have added a bit of cayanne pepper to the mix and it really brings out the flavor.

Rich

Hi Jrod, if you get the opportunity to get your hands on some LEM spicy sticks, give it a try, I have used the Hi Mountain also but found I like the LEM spicy sticks way better. If you like a little more kick, I have added a bit of cayanne pepper to the mix and it really brings out the flavor.

Rich

Thanks, i will have to give the LEM spicy mix a try

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky