Peoria Cookers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Co4ch D4ve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 30, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Advise requested:

I'm in the market for a new offset smoker. My old New Braunfels Hondo has finally rusted thru after about 20 years. It is patched now with a recycled piece of an old grill to get me by until I can replace it.

While searching online came across this "Peoria Backyard Cooker" smoker that is about what I'm looking for. I have seen this same setup in a Lone Star Grillz model and like that one too. Anyone heard of Peoria Cookers or know anyone who owns one? It looks to be a solid build and not too over priced. What are your thoughts?

Check it out:
http://www.peoriacookers.com/custom-cookers/backyard-cooker.html

Thanks, Dave

I've never heard of that brand but if I were you I'd check facebook marketplace and see what is listed. I bought my large reverse flow through marketplace for cheap. I still look at it and admire some of the smokers that are listed. Many are custom builds.

Anyone have any information on this smoker from Peoria Cookers? If you have time check out the link. Let me know what you think...

Thanks, Dave

A couple of weeks ago my workplace had a big cookout and one of the guys had one, his is the mobile unit. i never heard of them either and he really likes, hes had a few trailer smokers and he said it was the best one he has owned. The firebox was insulated and he had a couple other goodies on it. The unit looked like it had a great seal and produced some great meats! As far as the backyard model, it looks really nice, if the welds and finish is anything like the mobile unit i saw i would say you would be in good hands no doubt

Reactions: grandpax4
Thanks for the info Sam. Nice to hear it looked high quality in person. Still shopping and would like to find a used offset for sale but no luck so far.

Shirley Fab is easily the best cooker I've ever owned and probably ever will own. The 2 catches:

1) It's a 2-year-long waiting list to get one
2) It's an RF stick burner that devours wood like no tomorrow. Thus, it's a labor-intensive and hard to tend with little kids in the home. I have to add a split every 35-40 minutes. However, it's the best BBQ I've ever cooked in my life. If you PM me, I can refer you sites where there are used Shirleys for sale--that's how I got mine.

Advise requested:

I'm in the market for a new offset smoker. My old New Braunfels Hondo has finally rusted thru after about 20 years. It is patched now with a recycled piece of an old grill to get me by until I can replace it.

While searching online came across this "Peoria Backyard Cooker" smoker that is about what I'm looking for. I have seen this same setup in a Lone Star Grillz model and like that one too. Anyone heard of Peoria Cookers or know anyone who owns one? It looks to be a solid build and not too over priced. What are your thoughts?

Check it out:
http://www.peoriacookers.com/custom-cookers/backyard-cooker.html

Thanks, Dave
I have been researching for quite some time now and believe I am going to pull the trigger on this PCC backyard model with the grill box lid and insulated firebox! great customer service so far on all my questions

Well, in reading the narrative under the tab 'About', it seems that he brought in similar smokers from the southwest to study as well as forays overseas. I would guess that he made improvements wherever he could. In other words, get 5 similar smokers from 5 different companies. And adapt the best features of the 5 into one smoker, leaving out less desirable features. And improving on a shared deficiency found to be common on all five. Just a thought. So the PCC smokers just might be the best out there. Just some random musings.

Rock solid but with a price tag to boot. Peoria Custom is famous for insulated FB and insulated CC. However, their trailers start at $10,000 and go up from there.
I believe this price is for the meat monster. The backyard offset with some nice add ins and not on a trailer will run approx 3200. With insulated FB

They have a smaller model that is 48” vs the 60” you ate reading about. The 48” starts at 3900. By the time I added items I will have about 5k in it, that includes tax

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky