Pellet Pro smoke house

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking jay

Original poster
Jun 22, 2015
I am planning on building a smoke house using a Pellet Pro Hopper Assembly. The inside would be lined with wood or stainless steal, ceramic wool insulation and T&G exterior.

What is the best wood to use for interior lining, and why?

What are pros and cons of being lined with stainless or wood

Has anyone done this combination?

I guess no advice,

I will used the standard Smoke House design framing it with pine. I using sheet metal for the interior wall depending on the cost I will probable get the local fab shop to do this.  I went to eBay and purchased ceramic wool, I am pretty sure I go to much, oh well. the exterior will be Lap siding using Cypress with a tin roof. Thanks again learned a lot form other responses.

If you do not put a barrier between the wood and metal there might as well be nothing. Your wood will cook down to nothing without some thermal barrier between the two. The barriers insulation factor will determine how much heat it can take and for how long. All insulation will transfer heat over time. It's called heat soak. It will depend on the other sides ventilation to how well it will deal with it. Hope this helps with some insight to your build.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky