Pecan smoked Habanero Cheddar

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wutang

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 10, 2008
Omaha, Ne
I got the itch for a cold smoke so I rounded up some cheese. I grabbad some habanero cheddar along with a block of regular cheddar and some monterey jack. The hab. cheddar has a serious bite and figured a little smoke would just make it better

They smoked for a couple hours at temps between 75-95. The pic doesn't do it justice. There was a nice color change and a great smoky smell. Now they are gonna hang out in the fridge for a couple days before I dig in.

Thanks. I know I have been absent lately. The wife and I have been busy at home with a new baby. I have spent time on another site and realized I have been neglecting this one a little. Thanks for the welcome back.

Looks Great...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

They were great. I snacked on a fair amount of all 3 with crackers and beer. The last third of each block got sliced, vac packed, then frozen. I have plans for the cheddar to go on a pulled pork bbq pizza this weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky