Pecan smoked Habanero Cheddar

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by wutang, Jan 11, 2010.

1. wutang

wutang Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I got the itch for a cold smoke so I rounded up some cheese. I grabbad some habanero cheddar along with a block of regular cheddar and some monterey jack. The hab. cheddar has a serious bite and figured a little smoke would just make it better

They smoked for a couple hours at temps between 75-95. The pic doesn't do it justice. There was a nice color change and a great smoky smell. Now they are gonna hang out in the fridge for a couple days before I dig in.

2. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Love that smoked cheese!
    Bet that habanero cheddar is going to be really good with the smoke flavor.

3. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome back WuTang. Haven't seen you around much lately. Cheese looks great. Hope it tastes good too!

4. wutang

Thanks. I know I have been absent lately. The wife and I have been busy at home with a new baby. I have spent time on another site and realized I have been neglecting this one a little. Thanks for the welcome back.

5. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

So how did they taste?

6. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Great...[​IMG]

7. wutang

They were great. I snacked on a fair amount of all 3 with crackers and beer. The last third of each block got sliced, vac packed, then frozen. I have plans for the cheddar to go on a pulled pork bbq pizza this weekend.

8. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice job on the Cheese! Problem with it is, it never lasts long enough![​IMG]