Peach wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steelandsmoke

Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
Just bought some peach wood from Fruita. I will let you know the results.

My wife and I are hosting a having a BBQ soon and I would love suggestions on side items.  Right now I am going to smoke a Pork shoulder and about 3 or 4 racks of ribs. Also a bunch of ABT's.

You are going to love it! I use it all the time. My local orchard cut down the old trees last year after planting new trees. I picked up two trailers of logs from them. The smoke taste is sweet. I like to mix it with hickory to do sausage and kielbasa. I only use peach by itself on chicken. When I do my pork butts I'll mix a 50/50 mix of cherry and peach. Your gonna love it. Jeff

I think peach is by far the sweetest smoke of any wood I've used. Almost too sweet for some applications, I think. I wouldn't use it on beef, for instance. But it is wonderful on chicken and ribs.

Last edited:
Yeah , be sure to post Q-view of the looks of it so other's can tell Peach from Shinola
th_HaHAAHaa.gif

Have fun and .....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky