Overnite Brisket - plain and simple (QView)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimpam

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
Benbrook, TX
Decided to do a brisket saturday night, kind of last minute.    Rubbed down a 12 lb packer with my favorite rub, but went on the light side and added coarse ground pepper.   No injecting, nothing else:

Put it on my OK Joe offset smoker using lump and hickory. 

This was taken several hours (cant remember how long - coors light was distracting me haha)

Pulled it off this morning and it was FANTASTIC.   I kinda wanted to prove to myself I could do a great brisket without a complicated rub (although I still like to do it that way!)

Not the best pics, we actually got rain this morning in Texas so I was a bit distracted :)

Great looking brisket Jimpam! I have not tried to smoke any brisket yet but will soon hopefully. I'm impressed with the slices also. Just beautiful. What type (or brand) of knife did you use to slice this? I'm looking for a knife that will perform like you've demonstrated. Great post. Thanks.

I wish I could say I have ninja knife skills - but for this one I just used my electric knife
biggrin.gif

Its funny I actually told my wife this morning that i need a good knife - plan to start researching those this week

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky