Outdoor storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's Great Moses!!!
icon14.gif

Looks like a Fun place, now!!!

Nice Work!
icon14.gif

Bear

I was thinking of building something like this for my MES 40. Possibly integrating it into a larger unit that would also hold my grill. Do you have any problem with heat build up inside the structure? The manual says 10 FEET away from wooden structures, but that seemed a bit extreme since I could put my hand on all sides. 

I was thinking of building something like this for my MES 40. Possibly integrating it into a larger unit that would also hold my grill. Do you have any problem with heat build up inside the structure? The manual says 10 FEET away from wooden structures, but that seemed a bit extreme since I could put my hand on all sides. 
I think that 10' is in case it starts on fire----Not just normal running.

Mine sits on a wood platform, on my front porch, 2' from my all wood house wall, under a wood ceiling.

However I never go away with it running, and I'm always nearby.

Bear

I have used this at least once a week since I've done it and have had zero trouble.

I live in Alaska, which can get down right cold in the winter and was seeking input on whether or not I can keep my MasterBuilt Electric smoker outside under a cover deck.  I purchased it about 4 months ago and enjoy the finished product of smoked silver salmon I have gained from it.  So much so that because it is an electric smoker with an LED display should I be concerned with the internal components if say it gets to 0 degrees outside come this winter as I do not want to loose this new hobby over a simple storage issue.  I read several comments about this and in general keeping it out of the elements is obvious, but remarks or experience of what cold temps might do to an electric smoker of this style.

I live in Alaska, which can get down right cold in the winter and was seeking input on whether or not I can keep my MasterBuilt Electric smoker outside under a cover deck.  I purchased it about 4 months ago and enjoy the finished product of smoked silver salmon I have gained from it.  So much so that because it is an electric smoker with an LED display should I be concerned with the internal components if say it gets to 0 degrees outside come this winter as I do not want to loose this new hobby over a simple storage issue.  I read several comments about this and in general keeping it out of the elements is obvious, but remarks or experience of what cold temps might do to an electric smoker of this style.
I live in SE PA, and it gets below Zero around here a few times a year, and sometimes minus Zero for as much as a week straight.

My MES sits on my open front porch (with roof) 24--365, and it always works fine. This is my third MES, and none of them have had a Cold Weather Temp problem.

I rarely use it below 20° ambient temp, but that's not because the MES doesn't work----That's because I no longer work too good at those temps.

Bear

Thanks for the reply Bear and good to know.  I will know more this winter as we have had very mild winters for the last 3 plus years here in that not much snow fall (and I am fine with that) and the temps rarely dipped below zero. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky